So many things happening across Jamaica… You want to enjoy them weekend but you’re just not sure where to go …
Let us be your weekend compass … Here is a list of events for this weekend :
• MVP Fridays at Pulse Complex; Trafalgar Road (Kingston)
• De-stress Fridays at White Dragon Club; Knutsford Boulevard, New Kingston (Kingston)
• Lure at the Quad; New Kingston (Kingston)
• Open Mic at Bookophilia; Hope Road (Kingston)
• Karaoke and Flask specials at Jimmy’s Grill House; New Kingston (Kingston)
• Conscious Reggae Partyat Redbones Blues Cafe`; New Kingston (Kingston)
• Intercollegiate Rugby at the Excelsior Community College. There will be two matches: hosts, EXED, will tackle G.C. Foster College at 2pm and Portmore Community College will take on the University of Technology at 4pm.
• King of Hearts at Club Privilege; New Kingston (Kingston)
• Sockets and Plugs at Obama Lounge; Ivy Green Crescent (St. Andrew)
• Round Robin at Westmain Drive; Marverly (St. Andrew)
• Musical Delights (Lion’s Club of Kingston) at the Jamaica Pegasus; New Kingston (Kingston)
• Linstead Fete at King Street; Linstead (St. Catherine)
• How about some Sunday brunch?
° Jamaica Pegasus Hotel
° Terra Nova Hotel
° Jojo’s Jerk Pit
° Acropolis / Ambrosia
Visit restaurants/ hotels / guest houses in your area, you may be surprised at their Sunday brunch offerings. Most Chinese restaurants have Dim-sum on Sundays… try something new this weekend.
For the kids:
• Putt and Play (Kingston)
• Hope Zoo (Kingston)
• Cocojam (Kingston)
• Book reading from 1 – 2 pm at Bookophilia (Kingston)
• Movies (there are early movies which begin at 2pm just for children at Palace Amusement cinemas)
Let’s watch a play this weekend:
SKOOLAZ- The National Pantomime is now playing at the Little Theatre; Saturdays 2:30 pm & 7:30 pm and Sundays 4:30 pm… for bookings call: 926-6129/926-6603
DANGEROUS AMBITIONS- at the Little Little Theatre; call the ticket office at: 793-2881/589-3012
TWO CAN PLAY – at the Pantry Playhouse; Fridays and Saturdays 8:00 pm & Sundays 6 pm… for bookings call: 960-9845/347-2024
BOY BLUE (starring Oliver Samuels) – at the Theatre Place; Wednesdays – Saturdays 8:30 pm & Sundays 6:00 pm… call the box office at: 908-0040
GLASS SLIPPAZ – at Centrestage Theatre; Tuesdays – Fridays 8:00pm & Saturdays and Sundays 5:00pm … call the ticket office at: 968-7529/960-3585
February is Reggae month and the Jamaica Reggae Industry Association hosts free concerts every Monday and Wednesday of this month at the Emacipation Park in New Kingston .. check it out.
Whatever you do this weekend…make it great !
P.s.: Make sure you follow us on twitter: @whereinja to keep up with “in the week” happenings and other updates. Shoot us an email and let us know what’s happening across the isand.