So many things to do… so little time…
We’re always here to help! Take a look at the hot happenings this weekend:
- Jamaica Day Celebrations – the Wolmer’s Boys School; Heroes’ Circle, Kingston (event being hosted by the Jamaica Manufacturer’s Association)
- ISSA/KFC School Boy Basketball Championship – National Stadium, Kingston. Action on court: 2:00 pm (U-16) Kingston College vs. Glenmuir 2:00 pm (U-19) Kingston College vs Holland in third place play-offs and then the final matches will take centrestage: 4 pm (U-16) Ardenne High vs Old Harbour and at 6 pm (U-19) Ardenne High vs Manchester
- Guinness Frappe Fridays – Muffin Top Cafe`; New Kingston, Kingston. Get 20% off any Guinness Frappe (Follow @Muffintopcafe on Twitter)
- Dollar Fridays – Mary Brown’s Stony Hill; 5 Main Street, Stony Hill (St. Andrew). Get selected (alcoholic) beverages for only $100 from 5 pm – 11pm
- Acoustic Live – Bookophilia; 92 Hope Road, Kingston; Guitarist Jason Lee Worton will take the stage at 7 pm (we hear he’s played with Protoje and he’s able to strum a few notes with his tongue!) You don’t want to miss this !
- Blues on the Green – Emancipation park; New Kingston, Kingston. The event is being hosted by the United States Embassy as they celebrate Black History Month. Admission: Free… Show begins at 6 pm
- Corporate Mingle – Courts (the new mega-store); Constant Spring Road, Admission: Free; there will be food, drinks, prizes and surprises !(event is hosted by Creative Media and Events, parent company of Wealth Magazine) Mingling begins at 6:30 pm
- MVP Fridays – Pulse Complex; Trafalgar Road, Kingston, NO COVER CHARGE; Appleton flasks on special all night
- De-Stress Fridays– White Dragon Club; New Kingston, Kingston
- Night Cap – UWI Mona Campus (Faculty of Law); 7 Mona Road, Kingston; 8 pm – 3 am … Admission: Bring your own bottle (750 ml = Free); $1000 (without bottle); Ladies 2-4-1
- Baccahanal Fridays – the New Mas Camp; National Stadium, Kingston; Admission: (general): $1200 presold, $1500 at the gate (VIP): $2500 presold, $3000 at the gate
- LURE – the Quad; New Kingston, Kingston; Admission: (before 1 am): Ladies $1000 (2-4-1) Couples: $2500 (after 1 am): Ladies $1000 Men $2000
- Uber – Club Privilege; New Kingston, Kingston
- Adrenaline – UWI Monda Student’s Union; 7 Monda Road, Kingston; Admission: Ladies FREE (before 11 pm), $250 (after); Males $400 (pre-sold), $500 (at the gate)
- Gal Settings – Cactus Lawn Settlement; St. Andrew
- Box A Money– R&H Sports Bar and Restaurant; Lionel Town; Clarendon
- Gibson Relays – National Stadium; Kingston. This is one of the biggest meets for the track and field season. Preparatory and primary school athletes, High school athletes and the professionals will take it to the track in this event which is expected to run from 9 am – 9 pm. Admission: (grandstand) $1500 and $2500 (bleachers) $300. It will also be broadcast live on CVM TV, beginning at 9:30 am
- Wedding Spectacular – Wyndham Kingston Hotel; New Kingston, Kingston. Brides / Grooms -to-be, wedding planners, decorators, stylists, etc… come on out to this wonderful 2 day affair. 10 am – 8 pm…Admission: $600 (pre-sold) $800 (at the gate)
- RedBull ThreEStyle Tour – Sea Waves; Buff ay, Portland. Admission: $300
- Live From the Capital – Edna Manley College of the Visual and Performing Arts; 1 Arthur Wint Drive, Kingston. Protoje and the Indiggnation band will be live ! Admission: $1000… Show time: 8 pm
- Heineken One Beer Only- Romeich Wear Headquarters; 1- 1 1/2 Campbell Boulevard, off Waltham Park Road, Kingston. Admission: FREE … Heineken deals all night, tons of giveaways and special guest performances.
- Soca In the City – Pulse Complex; Trafalgar Road, Kingston. NO COVER CHARGE
- Island Mas Soca Village– Village Blues Bar; Barbican Road, Kingston 10 pm – 4 am
- Ultra ++ – Fiction Nightclub; Marketplace, Kingston.
- Lavender and White Affair– NHT Car Park; New Kingston. Admission: $500 (pre-sold) $800 (at the gate)
- A Treat for the Ladies: Ian Copa Birthday Party – Little Copa Club; 8 Miles, Bull Bay (border of St. Thomas and Kingston). Admission: Men $500 ; Ladies FREE
- Strawberry Hill Silent Auction and Brunch – Strawberry Hill, St. Andrew; The Alpha Boy’s School is hosting this event to celebrate Reggae Month. Wonderful items will be on display; purchase for a worthy cause! 12 pm – 3 pm
- Wedding Spectacular – Wyndham Kingston Hotel; New Kingston, Kingston. Brides / Grooms -to-be, wedding planners, decorators, stylists, etc… make sure you don’t miss the final day of this spectacular event. 10 am – 8 pm…Admission: $600 (pre-sold) $800 (at the gate)
- Fabulous Findz Trunk Show – 7 Cassia Glade, Kingston 12 pm – 6 pm (follow @fabulousfindzja on Twitter for more information)
- Arts in the Park – Hope Botanical Gardens; Hope Road, Kingston. 2pm – 8pm. Come see Nomaddz, Protoje and Indigggnation, Chronixx, Roots Underground, Raging Fyah and much more for FREE.
- Third Annual Peter Tosh Memorial Celebrations– Belmont, Westmoreland. The event promises to be filled with live music and other art forms in celebration of the life and work of Reggae icon, Peter Tosh (who died in 1987).
- Heineken Igloo (Birthday Special) – ULTRA Beach; Portmore, St. Catherine Admission: $500 (before 5 pm) $1000 after; FREE entry for persons born in February (bring ID). For VIP Cabanas, call: 328-0108
- Todos Blanca (All White Pool Party) – Constant Spring Gold Club; New Kingston.
- Chillin’ on the Farm – Murrays Farm; Clarendon main Road, Clarendon. Admission: $4000 (pre-sold)
For the kids:
• Putt and Play (Kingston)
• Hope Zoo (Kingston)
• Cocojam (Kingston)
• Book reading from 1 – 2 pm at Bookophilia (Kingston)…Author Sheri Hall will be reading “David and his Famous right Hand” and “The Grumpy Little Ant”.
On the stage:
SKOOLAZ- The National Pantomime is now playing at the Little Theatre; Saturdays 2:30 pm & 7:30 pm and Sundays 4:30 pm… for bookings call: 926-6129/926-6603
DANGEROUS AMBITIONS- at the Little Little Theatre; call the ticket office at: 793-2881/589-3012
TWO CAN PLAY – at the Pantry Playhouse; Fridays and Saturdays 8:00 pm & Sundays 6 pm… for bookings call: 960-9845/347-2024
BOY BLUE (starring Oliver Samuels) – at the Theatre Place; Wednesdays – Saturdays 8:30 pm & Sundays 6:00 pm… call the box office at: 908-0040
GLASS SLIPPAZ – at Centrestage Theatre; Tuesdays – Fridays 8:00pm & Saturdays and Sundays 5:00pm … call the ticket office at: 968-7529/960-3585
February is Reggae month and the Jamaica Reggae Industry Association hosts free concerts every Monday and Wednesday of this month at the Emacipation Park in New Kingston .. This is your last chance to check them out.