The weekend is all about….
- Guinness Frappe Fridays – Muffin Top Cafe`; New Kingston, Kingston. Get 20% off any Guinness Frappe (Follow @Muffintopcafe on Twitter)
- Jamaica Netball Association’s Fundraising Bingo Party – Police Officer’s Club; Hope Road, St.Andrew Begins at 7:30 pm Come out and support this charity event.
- The Silverstones Live – RedBones Blues Cafe`; 1 Argyle Road, Kingston.
- Live in the Village – Island Village; Ocho Rios, St.Ann Admission: FREE 6 p.m. – 10 p.m.
- A Fish Fri-Day – Rodney’s Arm Restaurant and Bar; Port Henderson Road, Portmore Admission: $1000
- MVP Fridays – Pulse Complex; 38 Trafalgar Road, Kingston Appleton flasks on special all night. Please note: the event will no longer be FREE of charge for MEN as of April 26 (today). Men will be $1000; however you may obtain a Puls8 Black Card and be able to enter free of cost. For more information check their Facebook page: http://www.facebook.com/PulseFashionJA?fref=ts
- Energy Fridays – The Olympia Crowne Hotel; 53 Molynes Road, St. Andrew Admission: $500; Ladies FREE before 11 p.m
- Concoctions – Funky Munky Bistro and Bar; 17 Holborn Road, Kingston 10 p.m. – 4 a.m.
- LURE – the Quad; New Kingston; Admission: (before 1 am): Ladies $1000 (2-4-1) Couples: $2500 (after 1 am): Ladies $1000 Men $2000
- Uber – Club Privilege; New Kingston Admission: Ladies $1000 (2-4-1 before 1 am); Men $2000 Please note that Moscato wines have been added to their list of drinks. Please note: this evening’s event will be sponsored by Digicel, as they launch the Samsung Galaxy S4
- Ardenne Classics (track & field event) – Stadium East; National Stadium, St. Andrew… For more information: send an email to – email@example.com
- Celebrate World Veterinarian Day with Zoo Kingston – Hope Gardens, St. Andrew; 10 am – 3pm For more information, click here: http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=583090885044102&set=a.117350108284851.15927.114633601889835&type=1&theater
- Hollywell Nature Tour – Blue and John Crown Mountains; Buses leave Vauxhall High School and Mandela Park in Half Way Tree at 10 am Admission: [children] $1600 [adults] $2000
- Wellness Seminar – Swallowfield Chapel; 5 Swallowfield Road, Kingston
- Cosmo-topic Cosmetics Expo – Girl Guides Association of Jamaica; 2A Waterloo Road, Kingston
- Magnum Container Satdaze – Gee Wee Car Oark; South Camp Road, St. Andrew Admission: Ladies FREE; Men $300 after midnight
- Baseline – Chaser’s Cafe`; 5 Belmont Road, Kingston Admission: [pre-sold] $500 [at the gate] $700
- Snap Back & Heels: The Sexy Look – Bamboo Fence Lawn, Starthbogie; Savanna-la-mar, Westmoreland Admission: $300; Ladies 2-4-1
- Skinz Soca Sexy – Kirkvine Sports Club, Manchester Admission: $1000; Ladies 2-4-1- before 7 p.m.
- Red Bull Thre3Style DJ Showcase – Ken’s Wildflower; Portmore, St. Catherine Admission: FREE Begins at 7 p.m
- Ultra ++ – Fiction Nightclub; Marketplace, Kingston.
- GLAM: The Trunk Show – 46 Paddington Terrace; off Barbican Road, Kingston 12 noon – 6 p.m. Shop til’ you drop while enjoying delectable treats and sipping delicious wines
On the theatre scene:
SKOOLAZ- The National Pantomime is now playing at the Little Theatre; Saturdays 2:30 pm & 7:30 pm and Sundays 4:30 pm… for bookings call: 926-6129/926-6603
DANGEROUS AMBITIONS- at the Little Little Theatre; call the ticket office at: 793-2881/589-3012
GLASS SLIPPAZ – at Centrestage Theatre; Tuesdays – Fridays 8:00pm & Saturdays and Sundays 5:00pm … call the ticket office at: 968-7529/960-3585
IN THE RED AND BROWN WATER (a Sankofa production) – at the Pantry Playhouse; Friday – Sunday (adults only). $1,200 Showtime: 8:30 pm. For more information call: 492-9020
For the kids
It’s the last weekend of mid-term break for the kids, how about a great weekend before they have to head back to school? Here are some places you could take them this weekend:
• Putt and Play (Kingston)
• Hope Zoo (Kingston)
• Cocojam (Kingston)
• Book reading from 1 – 2 pm at Bookophilia (Kingston)
• Rockfort Mineral Bath (Kingston)
• The movies (Palace Amusement- Kingston, Manchester, St. James)
• Devon House (Kingston)
• Jamaica Zoo (St. Elizabeth)
• Aquasol Beach Park (St.James)
• Mystic Mountain (St. Ann)
• Dunn’s River Falls (St. Ann)
Whatever you do this weekend feel free to share it with us in the comments section below or on our twitter account (@WhereInJa).
Enjoy the weekend
P.S.: Remember to follow us on Twitter (@WhereInJa), also send us an email at: firstname.lastname@example.org