It’s the weekend! But it’s also Mother’s Day on Sunday…Let us guide you through the weekend and give you tips on a perfect gift for your number one lady…
- Guinness Frappe Fridays – Muffin Top Cafe`; New Kingston, Kingston. Get 20% off any Guinness Frappe (Follow @Muffintopcafe on Twitter)
- Enjoy soothing Jazz music – Christopher’s Jazz Cafe`; ground floor of the Quad Nightclub
- May Daze – 15 West Kings House Rd, Kingston Admission: $1000; Ladies free before 11 pm
- MVP Fridays – Pulse Complex; 38 Trafalgar Road, Kingston Appleton flasks on special all night. Admission: $1000 for men; Ladies, Black card holders and their guests : FREE
- Energy Fridays – The Olympia Crowne Hotel; 53 Molynes Road, St. Andrew Admission: $500; Ladies FREE before 11 p.m
- After Work Vent – Club Impulse; 61 Knutsford Boulevard, Kingston.Admission: $300; Ladies free 7 pm … Drink specials all night !
- Tempted Fridays – Club Aphrodiziac; Portmore Town Centre Admission: $300 before 1 a.m.; $500 after; Ladies 2-4-1 before midnight
- Mr. Cookout Birthday Bash – Club Acopoca, St. Andrew Admission: $1000 for men; Ladies 2-4-1 before midnight
- Uber – Club Privilege; New Kingston Admission: Ladies $1000 (2-4-1 before 1 am); Men $2000
- Magnum Container Satdaze (Nerds Rules Edition) – Gee Wee Car Park; 1A Caledonia Avenue, Kingston. Admission: FREE; Men $300 after midnight
- Hennessy V – The Terrace; 28-48 Barbados Avenue, New Kingston Admission: [pre-sold] $1500 [at the gate] $1800
HAPPY MOTHER’s DAY!
Give mom any of these three gifts this Mother’s Day…
- The Gift of Love:
– Make a card for your mother: Hand made cards have a personalized touch that no Hallmark or Carlton card can capture. Mom will surely appreciate it! Make it special too, add a few memorable moments (pictures) and a few touching quotes and you’re sure to leave her in tears.
– Make dinner: It sounds simple but she will surely appreciate to be off her feet for the day
– Spa treatment at home: Treat her to a massage and a soothing pedicure (to ensure you do things right don’t hesitate to check Google or Youtube for tips)
- The Gift of Food
– Well mommy has got to eat, but perhaps you don’t feel like cooking, well take her to brunch !
The following food establishments will have brunch on Sunday:
- The Jamaica Pegasus (@JamaicaPegasus on Twitter)
- The Courtleigh Hotel (@TheCourtleigh on Twitter) A kiddies play room is among the offerings at this brunch buffet
- Terra Nova Hotel
- UWI Mona Visitor’s Lodge
– You may also take mom to the Roti Festival in Chedwin Park, Old Harbour Road. This event is being hosted by the National Council for Indian Culture in Jamaica Admission: FREE 12 noon – 8 pm
- The Gift of Entertainment
– To Mom With Love (Concert) – featuring Rose Royce and the Manhattans at the Lime Golf Academy, New Kingston Admission: [pre-sold] $2000 [at the gate] $2500 [VIP] $5000 [VVIP] $10000 Come out, treat mom and assist in making others have a happy Mother’s Day – proceeds will go to charity
– WOW MOM – at South Beach Cafe` (2 Brompton road, Kingston). Wine and dine your mother in a relaxing environment with smooth tunes from Jimmy Riley 5 pm – 10 pm For reservations, call: 946-0005/6
– SKOOLAZ- The National Pantomime is now playing at the Little Theatre; Saturdays 2:30 pm & 7:30 pm and Sundays 4:30 pm… for bookings call: 926-6129/926-6603 LAST SHOW
– GLASS SLIPPAZ – at Centrestage Theatre; Tuesdays – Fridays 8:00pm & Saturdays and Sundays 5:00 pm … call the ticket office: 968-7529/960-3585
– THICKER THAN WATER – at the Stages TheatrePlex; Wednesday – Saturday 8:30 pm & Sunday 6:00 pm … call the ticket office: 926-4966 or 352-6180
– BREADFRUIT IS THE NEW BREAD BABY (by Nomaddz) – at The Theatre Place; Wednesday – Saturday 8:00 pm & Sunday 6:00 pm … call 479-5628 for ticket information Thursday is Ladies Night…Ladies 2-4-1
Have a wonderful weekend, and a very special Mother’s Day !